5 dicembre 2015

Editorial #1: Of fears, dreams & other stories.

The first blog post is always terrifying and all those who opened a lot of blogs as I did know how scaring it is. We are all stuck with the same fear: the one of seeming stupid and feeling completely inadequate. But the first blog post is really embarrassing and all the perfectionists like me procrastinate the moment of opening with tons of stupid excuses such as “the about me page isn’t ready yet” “maybe I could find a better design” or the evergreen one “I haven’t got enough time”. The perfect, brilliant idea the procrastinator is waiting for won’t never arrive; then there will be the last e book to read about blogging, the study of the perfect moment for posting and the social design to perfect. But that’s the moment to stop all this.
I admit, I am a perfectionist and a procrastinator, but if I go on on in this way, I’ll probably never have my own blog and never realize my dreams, but now I finally know the trick: the truth is that probably no one will read your first post, and there will be no comments under it nor attention will be on it. So why don’t I write it once and for all? Finally I do it and from tomorrow I can enjoy writing my articles for Décontractée talking freely about what I love: fashion and beauty. My name is Mariachiara, I’m 18 years old  and I’m from a small town in southern Italy. Décontracée is absolutely the blog, I think more about because I would like it to be perfect and personal, original, funny and sometimes serious. But if I had kept procrastinating, Décontracté would never have become my visual oneiric diary about fashion, the space where I can express my critical and particular opinion, disturbing the fashion system. No, here on the blog there never will be a lot of “amazing” things, nor my outfits because seriously, no one is interested about what I wear to go to school every day. So Décontractée will be a fashion blog for sure, but plenty with reaching, subjective, ironic, polemical, enthusiastic critic. Enthusiasthic as I am because of my 18 years old, because of my dream to become a fashion journalist close in my hand (because I don’t need drawers at all) and because of my many ideas. I have just told you this is my most thoughtful blog so here there is the visual branding board I made and on top there is the moldboard this blog is inspired by.


Ah, I almost forgot to tell you: whatever you want to do, do it right now or as soon as possible, and don’t be influenced by what people think or say! Have fun with what you love doing, so you’ll live a full life and it will be worth it! I understand this only recently, but I’m in time and you are too, both you are 14 or 80.

P.S.: I perfectly know that I say that probably no one will comment under this post (that will be ignored of course) but if someone is here and comments , I’ll be so happy about it!

8 commenti

  1. Heya.
    I just found your blog and I resonate so much with what you wrote! I, too, don't want to be a plain old "what I wore" fashion blogger, I want to expand and share my experiences with everyone.

    I wish you all the best with your blog! I will be anxiously waiting for your next post.

    www.thestylenovella.blogspot.com

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thank you for your words, you're so sweet! I hope not to disappoint you with my next posts!
      See you soon,

      Mariachiara

      Elimina
    2. Awe you're welcome hun! I'm sure you won't :)

      Elimina
  2. I'm also new to this blogging! Feeling terrified and still excited to do more stuff in it!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thank you for sharing your experience with me! I hope to see you as soon as possible!

      Elimina
  3. Don't worry about it too much, just write about the things that you love and you'll be fine. Even after a year I still wonder if anyone wants to read my stuff haha, but does it really matter? As long as you're having fun...

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thank you for this advice I'll keep it in my mind! See you soon!

      Elimina
  4. I have been thinking very much about starting to write my own blog, and reaching out to your post made me feel much more positive. Well there are always the fears but right now I feel good about it :)

    RispondiElimina

© Décontractée
Maira Gall